Think of a city that offers a lot of advantages and experiences; a European metropolis that can bring a smile to the faces of tourists, businessmen and art lovers? You’re thinking of Warsaw!
No matter whether you come to Warsaw for business or for pleasure, you will find many attractions perfect for you. As a tourist you will be delighted by the city’s diversity – from renaissance buildings to futuristic skyscrapers. Visit the youngest European Old Town (on the UNESCO list) – rebuilt from the post war rubble; the moving Warsaw Rising Museum; the unique Faras Gallery at the National Museum; the romantic Royal Łazienki Museum; and the iconic Palace of Culture and Science, from where you can look out over the whole city. See Warsaw from the Fryderyk Chopin angle, visiting the museum that bears his name and experiencing dozens of cultural events involving his omnipresent music.
In this dynamic and forward looking Warsaw, also investors see space for their actions and potential for the future. Modern skyscrapers, a 200 year old stock market, friendly infrastructure and creative inhabitants – here lies the heart of business! In spare moments you can feel the rhythm of the city, go for a walk by the Vistula River where by day you will find beaches, and by night music and cinemas in trendy cafes. Uncover the capital’s culinary gems. Find your own paths and discover what fascinates you. Do not hesitate. Warsaw is waiting for you!
Location of Social Events
- COMMA Workshops coffee breaks: Coffeetura (Krakowskie Przedmieście 4\6, map)
- COMMA Workshops lunch break: Bistro Powidoki (Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 22, map)
- COMMA Conference coffee & lunch breaks: Staszic Palac (Nowy Świat 72, map)
- COMMA Conference reception: Tyszkiewicz Palac (Krakowskie Przedmieście 32, map)
- COMMA Conference gala dinner: Reduta Banku Polskiego (Bielańska 10, map)
Travel and Accommodation
As a capital of the country located in the Central Europe, Warsaw is easy to get to both by airplane (e.g. 2 hours by direct flight from London or Rome) or train (e.g. 5 hours by direct train from Berlin). There are two airports in Warsaw:
- Warsaw Chopin Airport, WAW; located around 15mins by taxi to the city centre (7-10 euro)
- Warsaw Modlin Airport, WMI; located 37km from the city centre; primarily for low cost carriers; frequent trains to Warsaw centre (5 euro) and taxi service (35 euro) are available
It is also possible to fly to other Polish cities such as Krakow, Poznan, Łódź which can be reached in 2-3 hours by train from Warsaw. The main train station is located in the very centre of Warsaw.
The Staszic Palace is located in the heart of Warsaw’s old town with a lot of accommodation with different standards available, e.g.:
- Hotel Bristol Warsaw, Krakowskie Przedmiescie 42/44 (5*); within the walking distance from the conference venue (approx. 6 min)
- Mamaison Hotel Le Regina Warsaw, Koscielna 12 (5*); an excellent location in Warsaw’s Old Town with a high standard
- Radisson Blu, Grzybowska 24A (4*); a modern hotel in the Warsaw’s New Town
- Mercure Warszawa Grand, Krucza 28 (4*); located close to the conference venue with good rates
- Ibis, Muranowska 2 (3*); 5 stops by bus from the conference venue or a nice walk through the main parts of the Old Town
- Harenda, Krakowskie Przedmieście 4 (2*); quite basic, but just opposite the conference venue
All the locations can be found on the map here: http://argdiap.pl/waw-map